How to move on from a failed relationship?

These forum walls may contain adult language. Read and Post topics related to Love and Relationships.

How to move on from a failed relationship?

Postby pbob » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:30 am

Ending a relationship is never easy. Especially if you still love the person. To those who have had failed relationships, how did you move on?

Right now things are hard for me because the breakup is still fresh. Alcohol is my best friend these days.

Re: How to move on from a failed relationship?

Postby Love To Talk » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Advice is usually not what people want to hear but I've always found that taking care of myself and focusing on what makes me happy is the key. Also writing out a list of gratitude (things you are grateful for is helpful). Try writing down one thing you are grateful for for each letter of the alphabet. By the time you finish you will probably have a different attitude. Find other friends, join a local meetup (meetup.com), remind yourself about the hobbies you enjoy and do it today. Checkout an AA or Al-Anon meeting, go to a church, a synagogue or a non-denominational spiritual center. Try meditation, go get a massage, how about a tandem parachute jump (that will get your mind off just about anything). Staying in the "self pity mode" doesn't do anyone any good. We have choices we make every second. Simply decide to do something that makes you happy today.

Postby odettemahone » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:50 pm

I'm Praying hard every day! to move away from this man! I moved to L.A couple of month's back, I live with a Bipolar demon :evil: the way I live my life is a 360 from his life, it's a long horrid story. This person does not think I'm human, this person is insecure, jealous, mean, bipolar, sneaky, lier, creepy, he goes into my phone and copies all my numbers and messages, he's broken into my emails! this person gives more respect to his dog, I stay clear, I'm in my own world, I have been looking for work so I can move out as quick as possible, but unfortunately for me I have not found any work! so I have to rely on this person for food and to pay my little bills, in which he tells me if you dont give me sex, I will not pay your bills and help you!!! I have no respect for this person, I donot like this person, I could careless, the dirt on the ground to me is more important than this person, I pray so hard to GOD to get me away from this person, I'm litterally dying inside!!! I can't cry any more , I'm all cried out, I have no friends I'm 45 alone, I am a Leasing Consultant by trade, I just want a Job, my own place and a happy life away from this evil intity I have to live with. some one help PLEASE!!!

Postby Love To Talk » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:04 pm

odettemahone wrote:I'm Praying hard every day! to move away from this man! I moved to L.A couple of month's back, I live with a Bipolar demon :evil: the way I live my life is a 360 from his life, it's a long horrid story. This person does not think I'm human, this person is insecure, jealous, mean, bipolar, sneaky, lier, creepy, he goes into my phone and copies all my numbers and messages, he's broken into my emails! this person gives more respect to his dog, I stay clear, I'm in my own world, I have been looking for work so I can move out as quick as possible, but unfortunately for me I have not found any work! so I have to rely on this person for food and to pay my little bills, in which he tells me if you dont give me sex, I will not pay your bills and help you!!! I have no respect for this person, I donot like this person, I could careless, the dirt on the ground to me is more important than this person, I pray so hard to GOD to get me away from this person, I'm litterally dying inside!!! I can't cry any more , I'm all cried out, I have no friends I'm 45 alone, I am a Leasing Consultant by trade, I just want a Job, my own place and a happy life away from this evil intity I have to live with. some one help PLEASE!!!

One big problem a lot of people have is that they slip into thinking of themselves as victims that have little or no control over their lives. In this headspace you feel sorry for yourself, the world seems to be against you and you get stuck. Little to no action is taken and you get lost in a funk of sadness and self-pity. 7 Tips on How Break Out of a Victim Mentality

Postby iluvtrees » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:27 pm

I had posted a reply to this board yesterday and hoped to see my post and get some replies. I'm in the same situation as the girl living with the "demon." I don't feel like a victim. I have no job, live in a rural area. No propects of work. No income. These things do keep you down. My "demon" is paying for my counseling, which is bazaar. Now that my counselor is asking me to think of things I could do to earn an income of my own, the person I live with does not seem to want me to continue the counseling. The person I live with is like two people: the good guy, and the guy who is mean-spirited and rude and says I can't do anything--I'll just cause him more expense if I work, I'm too old to be re-trained, blah, blah, blah.

When one is being abused, you have to cope with the unbalance of the abuser, as well as the confusion and sadness you receive from living in all the confusion. It's like trying to climb a mountain that is made of mud and you have tennis shoes on and can't get a toe-hold to move up even an inch.

If I were to get the courage to leave. In a few hours I would have to be thinking about where to get my medication. I take special non-insulin shots. Do I then have to go on insulin because I no longer have access to my medication and a refrigerator? I lose access to my family doctor, lose access to an endocrinologist, lose access to transportation, shelter, food (which is also a type of medicine for a diabetic). He has a bad temper and in the past has not allowed me time to "pack." He backs down, things get better for a time, weeks, a few months--then Mr. Hyde comes back to visit. I'm thinking of packing my things on the sly and stacking them in an out building. It would be a start in leaving.

Okay, that is a real life example of what I have to work out to leave. The women's shelter harbors women who are young and their children. I don't have children any more. They're grown. Since I signed over my home to my children, they do not wish to help me in any way. Sad, but happens. My family treated me well when I could help them financially and monetarily. Now they say they don't have a "room" for me. They don't have room for things. My things are a sewing machine, a computer, clothings and books. They say they will have no food for me. Yes, I have asked for help.

Postby iamnotalone » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:39 pm

pray and starts the day with a cool vibes, and it with a smile on your face. "There all kinds of love int his world, but never the same love twice."

Return to Love & Relationships