Punishing Restrictions

Need to talk to someone about your kids? Are you concerned about your children. Need to reach out to like minded parents or someone whose been there done that. Start a parenting thread here.

Punishing Restrictions

Postby Little Miss Helpful » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:52 pm

My daughter’s temper causes her to get into trouble often. I have given permission for her to be punished while at school and with friends/family. One parent spanked her in front of a group of children for talking back. I can’t condone that. How should I respond?

Re: Punishing Restrictions

Postby NewPath » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:36 am

When you give permission for adults to reprimand your child, they assume that their type of discipline is okay. Discuss this dilemma with that parent and summarize the rules you have about discipline with them. Do the same with anyone who watches over your child.

Postby jtanner » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:33 am

To be honest, I think it's your fault that another parent spanked your daughter. You gave other people permission to punish her. If you do not want any physical punishment, you should have made that clear to the other people. Anyway, what's done is done. All you can do now is talk calmly to the other parent. Ask her to not hurt your daughter again.

Postby the_way » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:52 am

You shouldn't have given other people permission to punish your kid. What you should have done is give them permission to scold her, but never to do anything physical to her.

Return to Parenting