Just alone

Don't see a forum or subforum you think we should have? Suggest it here. Want to suggest or request features or functions, post a topic here. Want to be a moderator start a topic, post a lot and hit me up once you're committed.

Just alone

Postby allypoy » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:30 pm

I have been alone since my x husband died, I lost a duaghter then my husband could not stand my suffereing so he left. His cancer came back and his girlfriend did not want to take care of him..So I brought him home to die. He passed and I just cannot allow my self to be involved, I desparetly want to connect with someone but it does not happen. Maybe this should be in advice for the lovelorn. When I was married I gave up what few friends I had, when we divorced his friends were no longer my friends. I work in a field where there are people involved, but I just cannot connect. After loosing my daughter I tend to close myself off from relationships.

I live with my daughter and her husband and two boys. I owned the house then sold it to her so she would have a home. When they lived with me it was fine, I didnt have a problem, but after I sold it to them I feel like I don't belong, her husband is fine for her, but I don't like being here, I try not to be involved in their day to day life, my job made that possible, but now changes have been made and I am here more than I can stand to be. They cannot afford to have me move because they can not manage all the bills. I could move on my own and still give them money for bills, but my job may be coming to an end because the business is struggling, then I would not be able to support myself and thier needs. Maybe just being able to say all this will make life more bearable. I don't know where to turn.. I know other people have worse problems, and this is petty. But it does not feel petty. Once I had a family and then I lost my daughter and now it feels like I don't have any family.

Re: Just alone

Postby Matilda Fiaga » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:38 am

Hello..I am signle looking formy soul mate ..If you wana chat just fee free to mesage me

Postby LetRHead » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:32 pm

Hi allypoy,

It sounds like you have a lot to work though. There's stress from your job future, your relationship with your daughter, your living situation, and your past.

I'm all of 23, and so take my advice with a grain of salt. First, see if you have health insurance through your job; if not, sign up on [url]healthcare.gov[/url]. Ask for a social worker to help you through your situation, and take all of their advice.

The professional is there to help you connect with other people. It might take a few tries to find someone to connect with at first. Find someone you're comfortable opening up to, and stick with him/her for at least a year.

Not having any friends to connect with is extremely hard. You need to take time to help yourself and find someone you like to share experiences with. Find a group that has your same interests: books, hiking, knitting, biking, chess, learning language, or volunteering. There's always something for everyone, especially on the internet now.

I really hope that you can work out your situation. It will take an extremely long time, much much MUCH longer than you would ever think.

Take it a day at a time. Learn to be happy. Good luck.

Postby Daisy221 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:18 am

Hello there! I am Daisy from Alabama and i am too single :(

Return to Suggestions