Preworkout Supplements

Talk to Someone about anything nutrition related. Vitamins, Herbs, Supplements, Tinctures, Protien Powders, Green Superfoods, should all be discussed here. If you're a nutritionist, naturalpath or health practitioner please chime in here.

Preworkout Supplements

Postby issmee@gmail.com » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:57 am

I was just curious as to what bad health consequences a Preworkout Supplement, such as Cellucor C4, would have on my health? It contains things like Creatine and Caffeine among other things, but it seems to have a lot of vitamins also. It's confusing. People say my muscle will become flab once I am to stop taking it. I am wondering what truth there is to this. Any other information?

Re: Preworkout Supplements

Postby fitman23 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:51 pm

From my experience being a nutritionist, these supplements feel great when consuming as well as the results are fast, but over time, these supplements will hinder results and can increase adrenal fatigue. In the long run, adrenal fatigue can lead to many other hormonal imbalances.

I have never taken this specific supplement, but I looked at the ingredients and its full of stimulants. So yes, I'm sure you would feel energized and have an amazing workout, but over time would cause more damage than good. Your body can't take on that much stress and stay in balance.

Would your muscle turn to flab? No, but you would lose some size. Once creatine is stopped, the muscle gains would retreat, and the most of gains lost.

Hope that helps. If you have more questions, let me know, I'll make a video on Youtube, come find Fitman23
Signature Kevin Moses CSCS, FDN, CMTA
http://www.mosesinhomefitness.com

Postby coolpriya073 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:27 pm

fitman23 wrote:So yes, I'm sure you would feel energized and have an amazing workout, but over time would cause more damage than good.

I completely agree with you, supplements are just like drugs, good enough till the time they are consumed and after that they show their side effects,
Signature Poems on Life

Postby pbob » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:22 am

I'm not a nutritionist, but I've heard not so good things about those types of supplements. The effect is fast. But there are bad side effects. So I think it's better to not depend on those supplements.

Postby iamnotalone » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:35 am

as far as iknow, supplements will be labeled as addictive when abuse it.

Postby robert15 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:39 pm

Hello,

Modern Pre-Workout Supplements
Creatine Complex: Creatine is known for giving strength and size. ...
Amino Acids Complex: BCAAs, as well as other amino acids, are added to support metabolism, and they also help in transportation of fluids and minerals, boost energy and aid concentration.

I hope It will helpful for you.

Return to Nutrition