Someone's in denial about being an alcoholic

Here you will find Administrative info and Guidelines from moderators. The site Admin and moderators will update this forum from time to time. Very important stuff to know. For those of you who are new, read all of the posts here before posting.

Someone's in denial about being an alcoholic

Postby iluvtrees » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:01 pm

Someone I care about is in denial that they are alcoholic. He has fibromyalgia caused by severe back injury and 3 back surgeries. The injuries caused the Fibro. He is in pain management care, and not a good pain management clinic at that. His doc shows up smelling like he's been drinking. You can smell the doctor's breath though it smells partly like mouthwash too. This is sad, because my friend is taking his meds, drinks too, because his medication is not working well.

I try to explain to my friend that his meds will not work well if he drinks on top of the meds. And his drunken pain management doctor is not much help to him. The doctor spends "patient time" talking about his personal life and sad love affairs to my friend who is his very sick and in pain patient!

I just don't know what to do! Has anyone ever had a bad experience at a pain management clinic--maybe your parents, a friend, an aunt or whomever, and what did they do about it?

Re: Someone's in denial about being an alcoholic

Postby iamnotalone » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:20 am

you know my friend, i used to be denial, denying the fact that i am an alcohol addicts, even though it's too obvious that i'm abusing it literally. But i learned after that, you can't lie to yourself forever. And that was the turning point of my life, not that i am recovered from being an alcoholic, it's just that, at least for now, i have a goal. To be sober for good,.

Return to Talk to Someone Guidelines