Using Cocaine While Pregnant

This forum is dedicated to discussions as it pertains to Cocaine Dependence. If your or someone you care about is abusing Cocaine or is in a recovery program like CA, members should post questions and share experience stories here.

Using Cocaine While Pregnant

Postby reBoo » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:22 am

One of my female friends has been using cocaine for 2 to 3 times a week. A month ago she found out that she's pregnant. She stopped using cocaine and she's very scared of the cocaine's effect on her baby. Do you know of any negative effects of cocaine on an unborn child? Will cocaine stay in the baby's system? I feel bad for her baby.

Re: Using Cocaine While Pregnant

Postby the_way » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:42 pm

From what I know, cocaine will remain in the unborn child's system for 2-4 days. Cocaine affects the development of the fetus. It limits the nutrition and oxygen that the fetus gets.

It's nice to know that your friend stopped taking cocaine when she learned that she's pregnant. Do your best to make sure she has really stopped taking it. It won't be easy for her if she's already addicted to it.

Re: Using Cocaine While Pregnant

Postby pbob » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:17 am

Cocaine is not good for adults, so what more to babies and unborn children. Hats off to your friend for staying away from cocaine when she found out she's pregnant. I hope she can stay away from it for good.

Return to Cocaine Dependence