Her Childhood Friend's Expected Death

These forum walls may contain adult language. Read and Post topics related to Love and Relationships.

Her Childhood Friend's Expected Death

Postby NewPath » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:25 pm

My girlfriend was informed this morning about the death of her childhood friend. She had come back from visiting him in Spain last week. How do I comfort her? Seeing her in pain is breaking my heart.
Last edited by NewPath on Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:43 am, edited 3 times in total.

Re: Her Childhood Friend's Expected Death

Postby Little Miss Helpful » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:35 pm

I think you are in shock, too. That is normal with the unexpected death of loved ones. Being there for her is the best thing you can do for now. She needs someone to lean on, so be that person for her.

Postby NewPath » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:55 pm

She is still in shock but I have recovered a little bit from the news. Your advice hits the right points. That is all we can do in times like this.

Postby reBoo » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:23 am

That is sad. Try to be with her as much as you can. Hug her and let her cry on your shoulders. Hugs really help someone who is in pain. Also, be a good listener. Don't say much and just listen to her. Offer advice when she asks for it.

Postby jtanner » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:12 am

This happened 3 weeks ago. How is your girlfriend now? I hope she's already okay. If she's still hurting so much, try to entertain her. Think of some fun things that you could do together, to get her mind off her friend's death.

Postby the_way » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:03 pm

This reminds me of my childhood best friend. He was my first best friend. When my family was just new in our old neighborhood, he was the first kid that approached me. He was a big kid and the other kids at school were afraid of him, that's why no one picked on me even if I was 'the new kid.' He died in a car crash when we were in high school. I was devastated when that happened. He was more than a best friend to me. We were like real brothers. It took me a long time to recover. The presence of my family and other friends helped a lot.

Always make yourself available to your girlfriend. Your mere presence would help her a lot.

Postby BudWiser » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:30 am

How come I missed this thread when I was new here? Ugh!

Anyway, how is your gf now? It's been several months after her friend died. Hope she's fine now.

Return to Love & Relationships