Impacted Wisdom Tooth

Here you will find forums where you can talk to someone about health related issues. If you are a Doctor, Naturopath, Nurse, Chiropractor, Dentist or other health practitioner please chime in here. Need a special forum in Health. Let us know.

Impacted Wisdom Tooth

Postby jtanner » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:41 am

I have 3 wisdom teeth and 1 of them, the lower right one, is impacted. The impacted tooth is starting to be a bother. I clean it as best as I could but because it's impacted, there are some parts that I couldn't reach, and the tooth is starting to decay. It becomes very painful sometimes and it starting to smell bad, so I want to have it pulled. Do you think I should have my other 2 wisdom teeth pulled too? I think I read somewhere that wisdom teeth should be pulled. What's the use of wisdom teeth, anyway?

Re: Impacted Wisdom Tooth

Postby BudWiser » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:13 am

I had all my wisdom teeth pulled. Two were impacted, one at the lower left and the other at the upper right. The extraction of the impacted lower left tooth was very painful, much painful than the extraction of the upper right tooth. I asked my doctor to inject anesthesia thrice.

I suggest don't have all your wisdom teeth pulled on the same day. Have the impacted tooth pulled first since it's decaying and it's causing you pain. When the extraction site has totally healed, have the other two wisdom teeth extracted.

Re: Impacted Wisdom Tooth

Postby lifelight » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:41 am

Luckily, I only got 1 wisdom tooth. Unluckily, though, it was impacted. I had it pulled early because I was told that you have to have it pulled anyway, so why wait until it starts to decay. The extraction was not that painful. My dentist was very good.

Return to Health