How to help my husband?

These forum walls may contain adult language. Read and Post topics related to Love and Relationships.

How to help my husband?

Postby marksmomma1910 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:57 pm

My husband's father died last year and he blames himself for it because he joined the military and was not here for his father. The night after the funeral my husband got VERY drunk and wouldn't leave his father's grave for five hours. Now when he gets drunk he starts listening to the songs played at his dads funeral and starts crying. I try my best to console him but when I do he gets very angry with me and says that I don't know what he is going through. Then he will go through the house breaking stuff. We had to replace four doors because he had went and put his fist and feet through them. He has gotten drunk again tonight and threw his laptop and our three month old's swing. He also keeps asking for his guns and when I don't give them to him he gets mad so I have hid all his ammo and let him have his pistol and he keeps putting it to his head and pulling the trigger. He fell asleep on the bathroom floor in broken glass from a pitcher he broke. I don't know what to do and I'm really scared for my son. I don't know how to get him to quit doing this everytime he gets drunk. He is a very nice guy when he's sober and I just want it to go back to that. What should I do?

Re: How to help my husband?

Postby Love To Talk » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:44 am

You may want to go to a local alanon meeting and listen to what others have experienced in the same situation. Maybe your husband can talk to a therapist or go to a few AA meetings since there are probably thousands of people that have gone thru the same thing. There are plenty of military folks that go to AA meetings to hear what others are going thru.

Return to Love & Relationships