Ashitaba

Talk to Someone about anything nutrition related. Vitamins, Herbs, Supplements, Tinctures, Protien Powders, Green Superfoods, should all be discussed here. If you're a nutritionist, naturalpath or health practitioner please chime in here.

Ashitaba

Postby reBoo » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:59 am

Anyone here know about Ashitaba? It is a medicinal plant and is also known as "Tomorrow's Leaf." We used to have a pot of this in our backyard and I used to chew a few leaves daily. It doesn't taste bad at all. I sprinkled some salt on the leaves before I ate them. I'm not sure if it boosted my immune system, but during those times I rarely got sick.

Re: Ashitaba

Postby BudWiser » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:04 am

I've never heard of that herb before, but there are many herbs that I don't know anyway. :)

Well if you rarely became sick when you were munching some of those leaves then the herb is probably really good. Is it easy to grow? Where did you get it from? I would like to try growing my own Ashitaba plant.

Postby pbob » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:26 am

I "Googled" it and it seems like it has many benefits. But I don't know where to get it. It would be nice to have a pot of that plant and then I'll grow some more and give them to my mom and siblings.

Postby iamnotalone » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:33 am

Ashitaba is used for “heartburn”, stomach ulcers, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, gout, constipation, and hay fever. It is also used for cancer, smallpox, fluid retention, blood clots, and food poisoning. Women use it to increase the flow of breast milk. It's a herb commonly grows in japan.

Return to Nutrition